These games play like the popular card game, Go Fish and help improve social and emotional skills in the following areas: Anger; Friendship; Feelings; Character; Responsibility; and Conflict.
Each game contains two decks of 50 cards - one for grades K-2 and the other for grades 3-5. This version differs from classic Go Fish in that players must answer a question before they can accept a requested card. Instead of the usual number and picture cards, the cards have fun pictures of fish and fish names. The player reads the question on the card aloud and answers it. All questions are open ended. A rules sheet and facilitator guidelines are included.
- Catch Good Character - Covers a range of character dimensions, including honesty, caring, responsibility, fairness, and generosity, among others. The questions are designed to encourage players to give examples from their own experience about behavior that demonstrates good character and to help players understand the meaning of common character traits.
- Catch and Release Your Anger - Helps children manage anger in a thoughtful and non-aggressive way. Each card will offer a scenario where someone has done something as a result of an angry situation. Each player will be given the opportunity to reflect on the scenario and discuss whether or not it was a good way to handle angry feelings. There are cards which also offer techniques to diffuse anger and to help deal with angry feelings in a more productive way.
- Reel in Responsibility - Teaches players how to interact responsibly at school, at home, and within the community. Based on the scenarios presented on the cards, players are asked to identify behaviors as responsible or irresponsible. Most of the questions are open-ended to encourage personal thoughts and expression.
- Cast Away Conflict - Provides players with the skills needed to manage conflict in an appropriate and socially acceptable way. Scenario cards present brief but detailed conflict situations that players are asked to resolve calmly and effectively. By practicing strategies such as apologizing, compromising, and listening, players learn to adopt behaviors that can enhance their relationships at home, at school, and within the community.
- Fishing for Feelings - Teaches the skills needed to successfully deal with feelings, recognize feelings in others, and identify appropriate feelings. Players practice talking about their feelings in an open-ended and non-threatening way.
- Hooked on Friendship - Helps children learn friendship skills while having fun. The framework of the game will teach players how to make friends, how to be a good friend and how to resolve conflict with peers. The scenario cards cover basic lessons on fairness, kindness, respect and understanding. The scenarios draw from daily interactions that take place during school, after-school activities, in the neighborhood, and at home.
- Topic: Multi-Issue
- Ages: 5-11 (Grades K-5)
- Players: 2-5
- Playing Time: Each game - approximately 20 minutes
Delivery & Shipping
Q. When will my item(s) arrive?
Most orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (business days, M-F) but during high volume times such as May/June (end of fiscal year ordering season), some orders may take longer to ship. Domestic (U.S.A.) orders normally arrive 2-5 days after shipment. International orders may take up to 14 business days in transit.
Q. How will my order be shipped?
Domestic (U.S.A) orders ship either via UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail. International orders are shipped via USPS International Priority.
Q. What are the shipping costs?
Regular delivery service is FREE over $49
For orders under $49, regular delivery service is available for a flat rate of $7.99. Regular delivery service (2-5 business days) ships via UPS Ground or USPS.
No Surcharges on large or heavy furniture items. Even sandtrays, puppet theaters and dollhouses ship FREE when delivered within the contiguous United States (lower 48 states & DC).
The standard FREE shipping applies to orders being delivered within the contiguous United States (lower 48 states & D.C.) to a street address and excludes P.O. Box and APO/FPO addresses.
Q. Are there different charges for international deliveries?
Yes. If your order is shipping outside of the Contiguous USA (lower 48 States & DC), please see our Shipping Information page.
Q. Do you charge sales tax?
Sales tax is applied only on orders shipping to the states of Georgia or Nevada (i.e. states in which we have a physical presence). If you are a tax exempt organization located in either Georgia or Nevada, please fax a copy of your tax exemption certificate to 775-245-0595.
Q. Are your products in new condition?
Yes! All of our products are brand new. We do not sell used merchandise. We believe it's extremely important that therapeutic resources be as readily available and affordable as possible. We are able to offer our customers lower prices on many therapeutic resources because we sell in bulk, mainly to large institutions.
Q. How do I return an item?
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days of delivery, you may return merchandise for a refund or credit, whichever you prefer.
Merchandise must arrive back to us in 'Like New' (resalable) condition. **Please note that photocopiable or recordable products (specifically DVD's, books/audios, software and testing materials) are not returnable unless still in original shrink wrap.
To ensure the proper refund/credit, returns must be issued an RMA. Please contact us here
Q. What do I do if I receive a faulty product?
If your order or part of your order arrived broken or damaged in transit, please contact us within 5 days of delivery. Damaged and/or defective items will be replaced free of charge.
Account & Ordering
Q. Do I need an account with you to order items?
No, anyone can place an order. Although we are primarily business to business, we are open to the general public.
Q. Are the prices listed in $US (or $CAN, AUD)?
All prices are listed in US Dollars since we are based in the USA. You may however shop in a variety of different currencies via the currency drop down list provided. *Please note that you will be forced back to USD at checkout.
Q. Will I receive a confirmation of my online order?
Yes, you will receive an email confirmation within minutes after placing your order.
Q. How do I retrieve my password?
Simply click on "Sign In" located at the very top left of your screen. From there you will be able to choose to have your password sent to you via Email.
Q. Do you accept purchase orders?
Yes, in fact the majority of our sales are via purchase orders. We accept purchase orders from publicly-funded, non-profit agencies in the USA and Canada, as well as from local, state, and federal agencies. All Public K-12 Schools, Accredited Higher Educational Institutions and Government Agencies will qualify for Net 30-day terms. Please refer to our Purchase Orders page.
Q. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit and debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club), PayPal, Purchase Orders, as well as checks denominated in U.S. Dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank. Checks must have a valid nine-digit bank routing number (ABA code) located along the bottom.
Q. Can I order online and pay via check?
Yes, you may order online choosing the option at checkout to pay via "Purchase Order". You may enter any number in this purchase order field. If you would like to have the products in your order held/reserved, you must proceed through the entire checkout process until you receive an order number (given on the final confirmation screen). This will let us know to expect your payment and to set your products aside. Please include the order number on your check. (our mailing address is listed below and is also provided on the invoice screen after placing your order).
** Please note that although the items in your order will be held for you/your organization, your order will not be shipped until payment is received.
Q. Is there a way to place my order other than online?
Yes, you may use our handy Order Form regardless of payment method and send it either by Fax (for credit card payments) or Postal Mail (for either credit card or check payments) to the address listed below.
Self Help Warehouse, Inc.
1720 Epps Bridge Pkwy, Suite 108-390
Athens, GA 30606
Fax: (775) 245-0595
Have questions? We're here to help.
If you didn't find the answer to your question on this page, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.